Gotthard ruins at Weilbach

zwischen Amorbach und Weilbach, 63916 Amorbach

Besonders geeignet für:

The mysterious Gotthard ruins on the Gotthardsberg high above Amorbach have by no means revealed all of its secrets. You can find out more on a guided tour.

On a hilltop above Amorbach and Weilbach lies the Gotthard, formerly known as Frankenberg. According to tradition, the Frankish Gaugraf Ruthard built a castle here in the eighth century. In 1138 a chapel dedicated to St. Godehard von Hildesheim was built next to it. After the destruction of the castle under the Emperor Barbarossa, the Benedictine nuns founded a monastery there, which fell victim to the Peasant War. In the 17th century the church was rebuilt, but a lightning strike caused huge damage. To protect the ruin from decay, it was given a roof in 1956. From the tower there is a seven-valley view as far as the Spessart hills.

Kategorie Festpreis
Gruppenpreis pro Person
€ 3,00 p.P. ab 20 Personen, Mindestpreis € 60,00
ab 5,00 €
Schulklassen 35,00 €

akzeptierte Zahlungsmittel:

EC Card Cash

Gästeinformation Bayerischer Odenwald

Schlossplatz 1, 63916 Amorbach

+49 9373 200574

amorbach@tourismus-odenwald.de

https://www.bayerischer-odenwald.de

Navigieren zu

diese Seite teilen

Das könnte Dir auch gefallen

"Das könnte Dir auch gefallen" überspringen
Auerbach Castle ruins

Außerhalb 2, 64625 Bensheim

Visit one of the most popular buildings in Hessen and enjoy a wonderful view from the towers of Bergstrasse and the Odenwald.

Zu "Das könnte Dir auch gefallen" zurückspringen
                #ibePlaceholderMetaTag

                #ibePlaceholderJSAfterContent

                #ibePlaceholderHead